About Perry County Recorder
Perry County Recorder
P.O. Box 147
Perry County Courthouse - First Floor
105 North Main Street
New Lexington, OH 43748
(740) 342-2494 - Phone
(740) 342-5539 - Fax
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Click HERE to go to the Adaptable Visual Access web site. You will be able to get the volume and page number of various document types. The actual documents/images are NOT online. Please call or email this office to get payment options. See below for specific fees.
Click on the banner above to go to the Alert sign up page.
According to the FBI, property and mortgage fraud is the latest growing white-collar crime. It can be as simple as someone recording a fraudulent document in the County Recorder's office, making it look as though they now own your home or property.
To address these concerns, the Perry County Recorder's office has teamed up to create a notification service that will help you combat the effects of land fraud and similar fraudulent activities.
Documents Filed in the Recorders Office
- Deeds — Warranty, Quit Claim, Survivorship, Sheriff
- Mortgages — Mortgage Releases, Assumptions, Assignments, Subordinations, Waivers of Priority
- Certificates of Transfer
- Land Contract
- Power of Attorney
- Miscellaneous Records
- Zoning Resolutions, Maps, and Amendments
- State Centerline Surveys
- Street Name Changes
- Vacating of Streets and Alleys
- Military Service Discharges – Veterans I.D.
- Financing Statement
- Corporation Mergers
- Name Changes
- Liens — Mechanic's, Notice of Commencement, Recognizance Bond, Corrupt Activity, Medicaid Fraud, Unemployment Compensation, Worker's Compensation, Personal Tax, Federal Tax, and Child Support Liens
Recorder's fees for recordings:
- $34.00 for the first two pages (effective October 16,2019)
- $8.00 for each additional page
- $20.00 fee if the document does not meet the standardization requirements
- $4.00 for each marginal reference that is indexed
Recorder's fees for copy requests:
- $2.00 per page if document(s) is emailed or faxed
- $1.00 per page to print in office
- $1.00 to certify document
Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check and money order.
Please make checks payable to the Perry County Recorder. Checks payable to second or third parties will not be accepted.
The Recorder's fees are set in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code section 317.32
New Document Standardization Guidelines Effective July 1, 2009!
House Bill 525 went into effect July 1st, 2009. This new law (ORC 317.114) creates standardization guidelines for documents that are recorded in this office.
Click HERE to view/download the document template. Please print on legal size paper.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point;
- Minimum paper size — 8 1/2 x 11, Maximum paper size 8 1/2 x 14;
- Black or Blue ink ONLY;
- No use of highlighting;
- Margins of 1 inch on each side of the page and on the bottom;
- 3 inch margin on the top of the first page, reserved for recorder, auditor, and engineer;
- 1 1/2 inch margin on the top of each of the remaining pages.
If a document signed does not conform to these guidelines, an additional recording fee of $20.00 will be collected.
This law does not apply to:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority;
- Any state or federal document;
- Any document executed before the effective date of this law.
State of Ohio
County Recorder Table of Fees
Click on the table of fees below to view full size.