Matter of Balance Classes
Perry County RSVP and Genesis Healthcare are holding Matter of Balance (falls prevention) classes on Mondays and Fridays during March from 10:00 a.m. - Noon at the Perry County District Library 117 S. Jackson St, New Lexington, Ohio 43764.
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
During 8 two hour classes participants learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
Participant Outcomes at 6 months show improvement in:
- Falls Management
- Falls Control
- Exercise level
- Decrease in Monthly Falls
Sign-up will be at the first class on Monday, March 6, 2017.
There is a limit of 12 people.
Please call Ruth Liff-Gray, Director RSVP at (740) 342-7220 to register.
Click HERE to view/download the class flyer.
RSVP = Retired Senior Volunteer Program
This workshop was made possible through funding received from the Buckeye Hills Area Agency on Aging 8, the Ohio Department of Aging and the U.S. Administration on Aging.